How To Fix iMessage Activation Unsuccessful Error
If you run into iMessage activation problems, don’t worry too much you can still easily activate it on your iOS device. Just follow this simple steps to fix your problems.
I message or Facetime happen to display one or all if the message below
Waiting for activation,
An error occurred during activation.
Could not sign in, please check your network connection.
Check your device settings.. etc
It is quite frustrating when one gets this type of error messages, especially the waiting for activation, iMessage activation unsuccessful and an error occurred during activation problems.
Fortunately for us, this activation problem is fixable. Here is how
First step: We are going to reset our network, this is to make sure that the problem is not from your network.
Head over to Settings, find General, move all the way down to Reset. Tap on that and select, Reset network settings. Allow it to reboot and try activating it again and it should work. Move on to the next step if it is still not working
– Make sure that you are connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
– Set up your time zone by Going to Settings & General & Date & Time and set it probably.
– Next is to turn off and restart iMessage.
To do this Go to Settings & Messages and turn off iMessage. Then Restart your device. Turn iMessage back on.
If you’ve followed the above steps, you might not see changes immediately, as it takes up to 24hours for the changes to kick in and activate.
It should work this time. If it doesn’t work which rarely happens, there are additional steps you can check out
– Check to be sure you have the latest version of iOS, if there is an upgrade please upgrade.
– If you’re using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
Contact Apple Support, if you can’t resolve this problem following all the steps above.